At the end of every year prior to the oncoming year, the goal and ambition is to set goals for accomplishments in the New Year, and it is customary for people to make New Years’ Resolutions which run the gamut from –
– “I am going to be a better person”
– “I am going to exercise to become more fit”
– “I am going to save more money”
– “I am going to buy a new car”
– “I am going to buy a new house”
– “I am going to take a vacation”
– “I am going to find the love of my life”
– “I am going to get married”
– “I am going to eat healthier foods”
– “I am going to spend more time with my family”
– “I am going to relax more often”
– “I am going to become more spiritual”
– “I am going to join a church”
– “I am going to become more religious”
– “I am gling to lose weight”
– And the list goes on and on.
For those among us who have not already done so, the most important resolution to be added to the list is:
– Follow Jesus Christ.
Who is Jesus Christ?
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God” (John 3:16-18).
“No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him” (John 1:18).
“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus: who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time” (1 Timothy 2:5–6).
“And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son” (1 John 11).
“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him” (John 3:36).